“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer” ….
Yep, that’s me. Can do, will do, have done. One of my other favourite quotes is “this too will pass”, accredited to the Persian Sufi poets. Got me through many a prolonged drama.
And just to round off I do adore this one from old man Winston Churchill …
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
Delivering with a sense of humour, consideration and accountability since the the 90s. Learnt lots along the way …. far better CEO in my 40s than I was in my 30s. Go figure. Experience, combined with attitude, ability, tolerance and some knowledge is a powerfully good thing. Win – win delivery also works for me.
In summary …
- born in Australia, eldest of four, unpaid organiser of others from age 10
- educated in Brisbane and Sydney – big yawn until the uni years
- worked from 13 years and 9 months, moved down from checkout cashier to shelf stacker as dyslexic with number entry
- tourism and hospitality taught me bucket loads about people, profits and productivity, and I can still carry three plates
- moved to local government to stop working weekends, fell in love with LG
- lived around Australia and New Zealand, good with change
- found a ying to compliment my yang, married my south island sweetheart, got a dog #realcommitment
- been there, done that, got the ceo tee shirt x 5
- first Qld LG CEO pregnant on the job (not because of the job), got confused and had a second child
- directly worked for nine mayors and around 80 elected representatives – heavens!
- good with people, despite years of engagement with them
- a head for business, with the heart of a stylist and my eye on the end game