What’s not to love about an adult biscuit … well not sharing with the kids I would say! This makes single biscuits, but includes a variation for cappuccino cookies.
- Prep 15 easy minutes
- Cook 15 simple minutes
- Makes about 30 singles
- Skill – easy as
- Ingredients – staples
- Keeps for 5 days
- Adults Only
- Can freeze dough
- Variation: cappuccino cookie
- 125g butter room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 3/4 cups SR flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- cold coffee
- bowl x 2
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla essence – mix well.
- Add in beaten egg, mix by hand or on slow speed.
- Add in coffee powder, mix and smell the yummy.
- Add flour – mix by hand or create a flour cloud.
- Put your oven on 180 celsius, or 160 fan force.
- Take a large-ish teaspoon size ball of mix and roll around in your hands to form a ball. Damp hands help.
- Put baking paper on a tray and place your balls on for ease and fail safe removal.
- Space out the balls with room to spread – depending on how creamed your butter and sugar were will usually indicate the spread of the cookies – more creamy = greater spread (well I have found this anyway) also dryer mix less spread … so maybe I really don’t know!
- Now take tall man and ring finger and do a wee push down in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake in your over for 12 to 15 minutes – will be a very light brown when done.
- Cool on a rack before applying the icing.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of butter and mix with a cup of icing sugar – if your icing sugar is lumpy sieve first – it’s just easier to do this than bash out 101 lumps with the butter mixed in
- Now I use a dash of cold coffee from the french press left over from breakfast – you could use a short black or mix a teaspoon of instant coffee with a 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the coffee liquid little by little – like a teaspoon first then almost drop by drop until you have a consistency you like – I like mine on the runny side so it kinda moulds down over the biccie
- Wait till biscuits are stone cold before topping with the icing – otherwise a sticky mess will be yours to enjoy.
Only ice half the biscuits and then make a butter cream filling for the middle and sandwich together – a cappuccino cookie is born!