What’s not to love about home made monte carlo biscuits, and here’s my nana’s monte carlo biscuit recipe. These delights are a part of my childhood memories. I made them when I had Cafe Gabrielle, my sister makes them, my mum makes them, my nana made them. They are legend. It’s the heady combination of honey and custard powder that does it for me. With the addition of raspberry jam this monte carlo biscuit recipe is extra special.
Want something a little lower in carbs, how about keto cinnamon scrolls, soooo more-ish!
MONTE CARLO OVERVIEW
- Prep 15 easy minutes
- Cook 15 simple minutes
- Makes 12 doubles
- Kid friendly
- Skill – easy as
- Ingredients – mostly staples
- Dairy free adapt
- Can freeze dough
- 125g butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg – beaten
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 dessertspoon milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon raspberry jam
- bowl x 2
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Cream butter and sugar, add honey. Mix well.
- Add flour, custard powder, baking powder – mix. Hint – add in small amounts otherwise boom, dust storm.
- Lastly bind with a beaten egg.
- Roll into walnut size balls and place on greased baking tray.
- Press with fork.
- Bake at 180 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Done when they are a light golden colour.
- Leave to cool, make a coffee.
- Mix icing sugar, milk and jam together.
- Use to sandwich cooled biscuits together.